Texas HB 3834 Cybersecurity Training from SafeSchools Training
According to CPO Magazine, there is a ransomware attack every 14 seconds in the U.S. But, did you know that cyber attacks on schools tripled in 2019? In fact, since 2016, the education industry “has been the most targeted industry for ransomware attacks.”
With schools becoming increasingly more reliant on technology, how can you help protect your school from a cyber attack? Employees need to understand what the correct process is for communicating data and how to avoid risky behaviors.
We recently published a Texas Cybersecurity Awareness for Employees course that has been approved by the Texas Department of Information Resources (TX DIR) to meet the new HB 3834 cybersecurity training requirements.
HB 3834 Cybersecurity Training Requirements
- All employees who have access to a state or local government computer system or database are required to complete annually a 2-hour certified cybersecurity training course.
- The initial training deadline is June 14, 2020.
If you are a current SafeSchools Staff Training customer, your subscription includes this new course.
Other Texas-specific SafeSchools Training courses include:
- Bullying: Recognition & Response
- Child Abuse: Mandatory Reporting
- Child Abuse: Mandatory Reporting (Spanish)
- General Ethics in the Workplace
- Health Emergencies: Diabetes Awareness (HB 984)
Members of the TASB Risk Management Fund also receive access to a complimentary bundle of SafeSchools Training safety and compliance courses based on lines of coverage. Visit our TASB RMF partner page to learn more.
If you are not yet a SafeSchools Training customer and would like to learn more about the Texas Cybersecurity Awareness for Employees course and the SafeSchools Training System, please contact us at 1-800-434-0154 or email@example.com. Free trials are available!