New SafeSchools Training Course: Title VI
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is a landmark piece of legislation. It outlaws discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, and gender. It’s organized into 11 sections, or titles – each of which covers specific aspects of discrimination. Title VI of the Civil Rights Act outlaws this discrimination through use of federal financial assistance.
Some important aspects of Title VI compliance include:
- Public Title VI Information:
- Other materials which are typically distributed to describe federally assisted programs and the requirements for participation by recipients and beneficiaries.
- Data and Information Collection.
- Application Reviews.
- Post-Approval Reviews.
- Methods of Resolving Noncompliance.
- Guidelines of the Enforcement of Title VI.
How can you efficiently train all your employees on Title VI compliance? The SafeSchools Online Staff Training System recently published a Title VI Overview course to provide staff members and employees with a brief overview of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act, and several strategies for compliance with non-discriminatory practices.
To get started with SafeSchools Training, or for a demonstration of the system, please contact us at 1-800-434-0154 or email@example.com. More information can also be found on our website, www.SafeSchools.com..