California Training Courses
- Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Prevention (CA)
- Bullying: Recognition & Response (CA)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (CA)
- Child Care Mandated Reporter: AB 1207 (CA)
- City Driving (CA)
- Crossing Guard Safety (CA)
- Defensive Driving (CA)
- Heat Illness Prevention (CA)
- Heat Illness Prevention (Spanish) (CA)
- Indoor Heat Illness Prevention (CA)
- Integrated Pest Management (CA)
- Integrated Pest Management (Spanish) (CA)
- Mandated Reporter: Child Abuse & Neglect (CA)
- Mandated Reporter: Child Abuse & Neglect (Spanish) (CA)
- Medication Administration Basics (CA)
- Medication Administration: Epinephrine Auto-Injectors (CA)
- Respirable Crystalline Silica Awareness (CA)
- Restraint and Seclusion (CA)
- Road Rage (CA)
- Sexual Harassment Prevention for Non-Managers (SB 1343) (CA)
- Sexual Harassment: Policy & Prevention (AB 1825) (CA)
- Student Transportation Liability for Administrators (CA)
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Athletes (CA)
- Supervisor’s Role in Safety (CA)
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (CA)
This course focuses on key CPR techniques, considerations, and precautions for all staff. Note: There are additional requirements to complete this course. This course is not intended to replace hands-on training for CPR. You must receive hands-on training from a qualified trainer.
Course length: 15 minutes
Author: Janell Eastman, Lucinda Mejdell-Awbrey, and Suzan Tibbitts
Janell Eastman is a district nurse with responsibility for over 8,300 students in 11 schools. Her past experience includes Surgical Nursing, Public Health Case Management and Occupational Health Administration. Janell developed, implemented and now manages the district’s Bloodborne Disease Prevention program for all at-risk employees. She has designed multiple presentations now used throughout the district for student and faculty education. Janell graduated from Brigham Young University with a Bachelors degree in Consumer Economics and from Westminster College with a Bachelors degree in Nursing and received her Masters of Education from Cambridge College.
Lucinda Mejdell-Awbrey, RN, MA, has served students as a Credentialed School Nurse and School Administrator for over 30 years. For the past 17 years, Lucinda has developed and implemented a wide variety of school health and safety programs. She also provides community and school level trainings for the California Department of Education and other state and national organizations regarding School Safety Issues, Crisis Response Planning, Bullying and Harassment Prevention, School Nursing Practices, and Coordinated School Health Programs.
Suzan Tibbitts is a school nurse in Utah. She is directly responsible for the health care of over 9,000 students, project manager of the Vaccine for Children program, and the School Nurse Services Webmaster in the Granite School District. As only one of a handful of nationally recognized School Nurse Asthma Management Program (SNAMP) trainers in the Western United States, she has presented SNAMP to over 100 school nurses. She also is employed by PEGUS Research, Inc., a Salt Lake City based research firm, where she is a Serious Adverse Event Clinician. Suzan graduated from Westminster College with a Bachelors degree in Nursing and received her Masters of Nursing in Health Care Administration and Education from the University of Phoenix.