Diversity and Inclusion Program for K-12 Schools
Prepare High School Students &
K-12 Teachers & Staff for Successful Engagement with Diversity
Our goal is to help create safer and more inclusive schools for students and staff, and our Diversity and Inclusion Program (formerly DiversityEdu) is proven to increase inclusive language, attitudes, and behaviors. This program features online courses, delivered through the SafeSchools Training System for:
- High School Students
- K-12 Teachers and Staff
The Diversity and Inclusion online courses teach skills for everyday situations, like:
- Using up-to-date and respectful identity terminology
- Responding to microaggressions
- Questioning stereotypes
- Reducing unconscious bias in decision making
The companion Facilitator's Guides feature engaging activities, discussion questions, and more to extend learning.
Our affordable, easy-to-use system can be set up quickly, so you can start your diversity and inclusion education program immediately!
Practical Learning for Student and Teacher Success
Powerful Diversity and Inclusion Courses
Now Available through SafeSchools Training
K-12 Teachers and Staff
Personal Skills for a Diverse Classroom
Deepen engagement with Diversity and Inclusion learning through remote and in-person activities, discussions, and more based on the same pedagogy as the courses.
Give teachers and staff the skills for engaging with diverse students and colleagues with our online courses, which are based on peer-reviewed research and input from top scholars in the field.
Core Program Online Courses:
- Engagement with Diversity Course
- Communication for Inclusion Course
- The influence of Unconscious Bias
- Combined time for above - 2.5 hours
- Refresher Course - 30 minutes
Example Course Topics:
- Defining diversity and engaging with difference
- Anticipating impact and understanding microaggressions
- Unconscious bias in the classroom
- Classroom inclusion and cultural humility
say they will rethink how they communicate with people based on the skills they learned in the Diversity and Inclusion course
Learning Library for Follow-On Learning
Support your organization's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion with the additional library of courses focused on current topics that build on the core K-12 Teacher and Staff course curriculum. These short 10-30 minute online courses help teachers and staff practice D&I skills and delve deeper into topics that matter to them.
Learning Library Courses:
- Classroom Inclusion: Bullying, Trauma and Cultural Humility
- Cultural Appropriation versus Appreciation
- Diversity Competent Mentoring Part 1: Developing Networks
- Diversity Competent Mentoring Part 2: Relational Mentoring
- Diversity Competent Mentoring Part 3: Combating Bias as a Mentor
- Allyship Part 1
- Allyship Part 2
High School Students
Personal Skills for High School Students
Deepen engagement with Diversity and Inclusion learning through remote and in-person activities, discussions, games and more based on the same pedagogy as the courses.
Keep students engaged with interactive exercises, relatable video reenactments, and modern course design.
- Personal Skills for an Inclusive School - 1 hour
- Refresher - 30 minutes
Example Course Topics:
- Defining diversity inclusively
- Engaging with difference
- Detecting stereotypes and managing assumptions
- Anticipating impact and identity terminology
- Understanding microaggressions
more likely to exhibit awareness of diversity-related issues after taking the Diversity and Inclusion course
Interested in Learning More?
Complete the free trial form to request your personal demo of our Diversity and Inclusion Program.
Find out how we can help you create a more inclusive school culture!